* Activated Charcoal (Food Grade) absorbs excess oil, dirt, toxins, impurities, body odors, and helps to remove dead skin and clear skin of bacteria.
* Allantoin is a cell proliferant of the Comfrey plant with skin softening properties.
* Aloe Vera Inner Fillet (Certified Organic) a cactus plant, has been used for many purposes since the ancient Egyptians. Also called the “plant of immortality.”
* Babassu Oil is a very gentle seed oil that is similar to Coconut oil although it is not a nut oil. Rich in medium-chain fatty acids and vitamins, and known for its smoothing and moisturizing properties and in keeping skin more elastic, strong and supple. Ideal for those sensitive or allergic to nut oils.
* Bentonite Clay consists mostly of Montmorillonite, contains many trace elements and minerals microscopic and quartz crystals. Helps to clear toxins and impurities from skin, with antibacterial properties.
* Calendula officinalis (Calendula) (Certified Organic) acts as a soothing emollient for dry and flaky skin, has soothing, moisturizing, & protecting properties, rich in carotene and saponins. Renowned for its many skin benefits, Calendula oil is ideal for use on sensitive skin, irritated skin, itchy skin, dry skin conditions, dermatitis, sun damaged skin, aging skin, diaper rash.
* Cambrian Blue Clay is exquisite rare blue clay from Russia and considered a prized cosmetic clay. Along with its beautiful color, this clay is known to detoxify, hydrate, and nourish skin, improve skin’s appearance. Beneficial for all skin types..
* Camellia Oil, Organic, is an extraordinary skin oil and is rich in antioxidants and vitamins. Similar to human skin and with unique penetration ability, Camellia oil is one of the most rapidly absorbed oils of all plant oils. Used for centuries in China to protect and nourish skin and to help smooth wrinkles, and for beautiful hair. Our Camellia oil is cold pressed from the seeds of the white Camellia flower. Camellia oil naturally contains squalene, vitamins A, B ,C, E, K, and vitamin P (Bioflavonoids, which help protect skin against the damaging effects of stress, pollution, and age). This oil also contains various minerals, P, Za, Ca, Fe, Mn, and Mg. Camellia oil penetrates skin fast and easily leaving skin feeling silky soft, not oily or greasy. Super gentle, Camellia is ideal for all skin types.
* Canadian Glacial Marine Clay belongs to the group of green clay and is found in the coastal region of British Columbia. Fabulous for skin and known to improve blood circulation, detoxify skin, gently exfoliate dead skin cells, and leaves skin feeling soft and smooth.
* Cannabidiol Our Cannabidiol (CBD) contains over 80 different phyto-cannabinoids, most prominently CBD, CBC, CBG, CBN. Rich in antioxidants with amino acids, carbohydrates, vitamins (including B1, B2, B6, D), fatty acids (especially omega 3 & 6). Our CBD oil is extracted from imported industrial hemp (legal and not scheduled CBD) and extracted through a high pressured supercritical CO2 extraction. It is lab tested for cannabidiol potency, aerobic organisms, yeast, fungus, E. coli, pesticides, and heavy toxic metals.
* Castor Oil, Organic, derived from the beans of the castor plant with a very high concentration of fatty acids, and is one of the most ancient oils known for its powerful therapeutic properties. The fatty acids penetrate skin fairly quickly, lubricating dry patches and helping cells stay hydrated.
* Chamomile Herb, Organic, ideal for common skin problems, including acne, skin irritation, rashes and other skin problems.
* Cocoa Butter (Fair Trade, Unrefined and Organic), a moisturizing and emollient plant butter, helps protect the skin barrier, locking in needed moisture. Makes skin feel soft without leaving a film on skin. Unrefined (raw) and free of bleaching and deodorizing, this butter retains its wonderful benefits and lovely cocoa scent.
* Coconut oil (Unrefined, Organic, Fair Trade), is a highly nutritious, rich in medium-chain fatty acids fiber, vitamins, and minerals and possesses healing properties far beyond that of any other plant oil. For thousands of years coconut products have been key ingredient in folk medicine. Coconut oil is wonderful for it's smoothing and moisturizing properties and in keeping skin more elastic, strong and supple. Coconut oil also has anti-fungal, anti-viral, and anti-bacterial properties and is excellent as a hair conditioner.
* Colloidal Oatmeal is very soothing to skin and is ideal for redness, dryness, itchiness, and irritated skin conditions. High in antioxidants, oatmeal is moisturizing, leaving skin feeling soft.
* Comfrey Leaf (Certified Organic) has been used in traditional Chinese medicine for over 2000 years. Contains mucilage, tannins, saponins, and allantoin. Unlike the oil of Neem, when infused the leaves do not have the strong and unpleasant odor.
* Eucalyptus Essential Oil, is a wonderful essential oil with many benefits, and I can only encourage you to do your own research per FDA guidelines.
* Garcinia Indica Fruit (Certified Organic), a plant in the Mangosteen family and the same fruit Kokum butter comes from, is a storehouse of medicinal benefits. The peel of this fruit contains the highest proportion of Xanthones. Garcinia Indica is rich in anti-oxidants. The main ingredient in this fruit is known as Garcinol. Garcinia Indica is a wonderful ingredient for skin, to research on your own.
* Glycerin (Certified Organic, Vegetable Source) has moisturizing and skin barrier benefits, along with antimicrobial properties. Commonly used for dry skin, dehydrated skin, aging skin and problem skin.
* Glyceryl Stearate, Cetearyl Alcohol (a non-drying alcohol), and Sodium Stearoyl Lactylate are a vegetable derived emulsifying system. Used in our face lotions. Together these three make a stable and gentle emulsifier. We feel this is one of the safest and most natural emulsifiers, and chose this system for it's stability in our products. It is Surfactant free, Polysorbate free, and (PEG)-polypropylene glycol (PPG) polymer free.
* Grape Seed oil, is a light non-comedogenic, antioxidant rich dry oil. With a high Linoleic (Omega 6) content of 70% and low Oleic of 16%, this oil is ideal for problem skin. From the seeds of grapes, this oil is known to retain moisture in skin and not dry it out. It is ideal for dry and oily skin, young and aging skin, and ideal for damaged and problematic skin.
* Hemp Oil (Certified Organic & Unrefined), has the perfect balance of omega-3 and omega-6 oils (linoleic to alpha linoleic. A dry oil, Hemp oil is fast absorbing and does not leave skin feeling oily. Conditioning to skin with anti-inflammatory, cell regenerating, and soothing properties. Hemp oil softens skin, helps retain moisture, reduces itchiness, and helps restore barrier protection properties.
* Hibiscus Flower (Certified Organic) is a beautiful flower a natural source of alpha-hydroxy acids (AHA's) and are not damaging like chemical forms of AHA can be. With anthocyanocides, to increase skin moisture and creates higher moisture levels in the skin to prevent dryness. Ideal for aging skin, dry and sensitive skin and various skin conditions.
* Hyaluronic Acid (Vegan Source) is a hydrating and moisturizing ingredient. Holds up to 1000 times its weight in water and serves as a water reservoir for the skin cells. Hyaluronic acid is hydrating, raising skin's moisture level, and ideal for mature and aging skin.
* Jojoba (Certified Organic): high grade and cold pressed. Jojoba comes from the beans of a shrub like plant called Simmondsia chinensis. High in Gadoleic acid (about 70-72%), an unsaturated fatty acid.
* Kala Namak Salt, also known as Black Salt. Ayurvedic healers claim this high in sulfur Indian black salt possesses several therapeutic qualities.
* Kaolin Clay is ideal for normal, dry and oily skin, problem skin, and damaged skin, Gently cleans and exfoliates without drawing needed oils from the skin, helping to revitalize the complexion, tighten pores, and remove bacteria.
* Kokum Butter is produced from the seeds of the Kokum tree's fruit (Garcinia Indica). Rich in essential fatty acids, which aid in cell oxygenation, contains antioxidant vitamin E, helps regenerate skin, softens skin and restores elasticity, is a non-comedogenic (non pore-clogging) butter, considered nutritive, demulcent, astringent and an emollient. A fabulous butter for skin. In medicine, Kokum butter is known as Vrikshamla in Ayurveda. Kokum adds a protective layer to skin.
* Marshmallow Root, (Certified Organic), high in anti-oxidants, amino acids, polysaccharides and starches, this is an important herb in the Ayurvedic and Unani healing traditions. References to marshmallow root as a healing herb are found in Homer’s Iliad, written over 2,800 years ago. Marshmallow forms a protective layer on the skin and is known for its use for skin ulcers; skin inflammation, burns and other wounds.
* Montmorillonite (French Green Clay) is a wonderful clay for all skin types, especially problem skin and damaged skin. This clay helps to revitalize the complexion and tighten pores and helps to clear problem skin.
* MSM (Methylsulfonylmethane): An essential nutrient that is water soluble, is a naturally occurring sulfur compound and a metabolite of DMSO, and may improve the skin appearance.
* Neem Leaf (Certified Organic) is used in Ayurvedic medicine for its many healing properties, due in part to its anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, astringent and anti-viral properties. With its many properties, this herb has multiple points of efficacy in treating acne. Neem also contains Quercetin, a compound that aids the body's response to inflammation, which helps soothe painful and irritated blemishes. With high concentrations of antioxidants, known to be 100 times more potent than broccoli or blueberries, Neem may protect skin from environmental damage.
* Oat Milk, we make this fresh for each batch using Organic Gluten-free Whole Oats. Oat milk provides a smooth creamy soap, without the oatmeal chunks or pieces. It is soothing to skin and ideal for all skin types, especially redness, dryness, aging skin, itchy skin, irritated skin, and problem skin conditions. High in antioxidants, oat milk is also moisturizing, and leaves skin feeling soft.
* Olive Oil, Extra Virgin, (Certified Organic), obtained from whole fruit, acts as a skin moisturizer and contains chlorophyll, Vitamins K and E, and antioxidants that help protect dry skin from the elements. Deep cleans skin, removing dirt and impurities, and helps to balance the natural oil production in skin.
-- Olive Oil Note:
Due to the growing problem of adulteration of Extra Virgin Olive Oil with unknown lower grade oils, I purchase direct from a certified California grower, to ensure the highest quality Organic and Extra Virgin oil. This oil is tested for purity and quality. It is very high grade and when not in use for soap making it is kept under refrigeration, to prevent oxidation and loss of essential nutrients.
* Palmarosa Essential Oil has a lovely light scent and is related to Lemongrass and Citronella, and known as the East Indian Geranium. Palmarosa oil is gentle and helps to regenerate skin. Ideal for dry skin, eczema and psoriasis. Hydrates skin and has anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-microbial, anti-septic, anti-viral, and has hydrating properties.
* Peony (White) Root (Certified Organic) has soothing and anti-inflammatory properties, is conditioning and protecting, and illuminates the complexion due to its high content of tannins. Ideal for sensitive skin, dry and damaged skin.
* Red Rose (damascena) Petals (Organic), antibacterial, anti-inflammatory, high in antioxidants, and moisturizing for skin, rose petals are also relaxing and toning, helping to tighten pores and restore suppleness.
* Rice Bran oil, Non-GMO, is rich in antioxidants, fatty acids, and natural vitamin E (Tocopherols and Tocotrienols). This oil is also rich in Oryzanol, which helps protect skin against the effects of free radicals. Rice bran oil is moisturizing and hydrating to skin. Ideal for all skin types, especially damaged and problematic skin. Centuries old tradition in Japan, women use Rice Bran oil on their face to keep their skin smooth.
* Rice Powder offers moisture-retaining properties and is beneficial to all skin types. A main ingredient in high quality mineral makeup, Rice powder has been used for hundreds of years for beautiful skin.
* Safflower Oil (High Linoleic variety), is rich in Essential fatty acids Omega 6 & 3). For those who have had a bad experience with common Safflower oil, which is normally high in Oleic acid, this high Linoleic Safflower is not the same. ideal for all skin types, especially dry, oily and problem skin. High Linoleic Safflower oil absorbs easily and it's Omega 3 & 6 (Linolenic & Linoleic essential fatty acids) content helps to improve skin's barrier function, helps to soothe itchy skin and dry skin, and has anti-inflammatory and moisture retaining properties.
* Sandalwood (Red) powder cleans, lightly exfoliates, and hydrates skin, leaving it clean and soft.
* Saw Palmetto Berry is packed with beneficial fatty acids enzymes, plant sterols, fatty acids and flavonoids, and has anti-inflammatory properties.
* Sea Buckthorn Seed Oil is a traditional Asian Beauty Treatment, therapeutic grade. Non-comedogenic, this oil is loaded with Phytosterols and said to be one of the best sources of natural antioxidants due to the high content of Palmitoleic acid (Omega 7), Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Beta-Carotene. Nourishing for dry skin, prematurely aged skin, with regenerative and restorative actions for skin injuries, burns, acne scars, wounds, eczema, and abrasions. Shown to be beneficial for rosacea, eczema, acne and dermatitis. Ideal for all skin types and ages, including children.
* Shea Butter (Certified Organic, Fair Trade & Unrefined) is carefully extracted from the nuts of the Shea trees in West Africa. With anti-inflammatory, restorative and protective properties, primarily from triterpene esters, Shea is high in unsaponifiables, including essential fatty acids, Vitamin A, E and F. An excellent butter for moisturizing and rejuvenating skin. Ideal for dry and damaged skin, skin rash, healing burns, acne, rosacea, psoriasis and eczema.
* Shitake Mushrooms are magical for skin with exfoliating and anti-inflammatory properties, and ideal for dry skin, acne, rosacea and eczema. Rich in vitamin D, proteins, lipids, vitamins and amino acids.
* Silver Citrate, Potassium Sorbate, and Citric Acid together are a very gentle and effective preservative system that requires very little to be effective (0.1% - 0.3%). We like that they are effective with such a small amount, and are void of ingredients in common preservatives, such as; Dehydroacetic Acid, Benzyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Phenoxyethanol, Honeysuckle Extract, Parabens, Propylene Glycol, Diazolidinyl Urea, Tetrasodium EDTA, Quaternium 15, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, and Methylisothiazolinone..
* Sunflower oil (Linoleic & Certified Organic), this variety is not as common as high Oleic Sunflower. High in Linoleic (Omega 6) fatty acid, this oil is ideal for dry, oily, and problem skin. Easily absorbed, this oil is high in antioxidants, particularly the antioxidant vitamins A, C and Natural Vitamin E (D-alpha tocopherol), and is conditioning to skin.
* Tea Tree is widely known for its antibacterial, anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, antiseptic, antiviral, deodorant, and fungicidal properties. Ideal for all skin types, especially problem skin, dry and oily skin, skin rashes, and sunburn.
* Tepezcohuite Bark (Mimosa Tenuiflora), this wild harvested bark is native to Mexico and high in tannins and saponins With , natural analgesic, anti-bacterial, healing properties. Ideal for dry skin, aging skin, acne, eczema, psoriasis, rosacea, and other scalp and skin irritations. Tepezcohuite is known to promote collagen growth and increases cell-regeneration.